Category Archives: Chapters’ Activities
50th BIOTA Annual National Convention & Scientific Sessions
9 – 11 April 2015
Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Submission guidelines for abstract proposals (doc/docx format):
1. Limit abstract to 300 words (excluding title, author name/s and affiliation/s)
2. CONTENT includes: introductory sentence on background of study, objectives, very brief description of methodology, summary of results and discussion, conclusion and/or significance of findings.
3. LAYOUT: TITLE (justify, Arial size 12, uppercase, bold);
AUTHORS (align left, Arial size 10, sentence case, regular, presenting author underlined, superscript number for address placed after author’s name);
ADDRESS (align left, Arial size 9, sentence case, regular, superscript number placed before institution’s name);
TEXT (justify, Arial size 10)
Submit under any of these three (3) categories:
Seminar: a 25-min lecture-seminar and Q&A to be presented during the Scientific Sessions.
Poster: to be presented at the Poster Exhibit.
Workshop: a 1-hr. lecture-demonstration or hands-on activity to be presented during the Scientific Sessions. Please indicate willingness to give a repeat session.
Choose the sub-theme of your abstract submission by indicating it in Keywords.
- K to 12 science curriculum implementation (e.g., teaching-learning tools and materials, professional development models, etc.)
- Pedagogical practices (e.g., inquiry-based, student-centered, transdisciplinary approach, etc.) as a way of acquisition of basic concepts in Life Science domains
- Assessment beyond traditional methods
- Research in the Life Sciences or on curriculum reform in Life Science domains
- Integration of global issues and solutions
- Technology in Biology education
- Others (pls specify):
Only online submissions via http://biotaph.org/biota2015 will be accepted on or before January 30, 2015 (Friday).
Only officially registered and paid participants (by March 4, 2015 (Wednesday)) are allowed to present a paper and to have their abstracts included in the souvenir program.
The BIOTA Western Visayas Chapter will hold their 15th Annual Regional BIOTA Convention on December 5 to 6, 2014 at Damires Hills Tierra Verde Farm Resort, Janiuay, Iloilo. For inquiries email Ms. Alma Mae Torremoro at almamae_storremorro @yahoo.com. Download the program here or view the program below.
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to attend the 50th BIOTA Annual National Convention & Scientific Sessions on April 9-11, 2015 with the theme “Paradigm Shifts in the Curriculum: Challenges and Opportunities for Biologists”. To be held in cooperation with the Ateneo de Manila University, this annual national convention will focus on transdisciplinary acquisition of competencies in a rapidly changing planet. This requires transformation of mentalities and decompartmentalization of knowledge as we – biology educators, researchers, and learners – move towards being citizens of the world.
For more information visit the convention website at http://biotaph.org/biota2015.